Get Involved with Troop Mitre, Inc.
Troop Mitre is an all-volunteer organization. Our volunteers create, organize, and carry out all events and projects. The camaraderie experienced by extending our time and talents to Camp Mitre Peak reminds us of our camping days and renews those bonds. Troop Mitre has made a real difference. When we see rebuilt areas, repainted surfaces, and repaired facilities, it restores our pride in Camp Mitre Peak and renews our devotion to a camp we love.
The best ways to be involved with Troop Mitre are:
- CLICK HERE to keep your contact information up to date so we can let you know about events and opportunities.
- Participate in one of our Troop Mitre EVENTS.
- Spread the word about Troop Mitre to your Mitre friends and encourage them to CONTACT us and participate.
- Contact Troop Mitre leadership about your availability/willingness to volunteer by CLICKING HERE.
Volunteer opportunities with Troop Mitre are suited to a wide variety of talents and interests. There are one-time tasks, annual events, and ongoing duties, as well as tasks that can fit into a busy schedule. Opportunities to help include:
- Participate in our Annual Work Weekend events in October at Camp Mitre Peak. A wide variety of jobs and skill levels are needed – everyone can find a task to tackle!
- Participate in our Annual Spring Cleaning at CMP to help prepare for summer camp
- Locate donation sources
- Prepare information for members who wish to include Troop Mitre, Inc. in their will or trust
- Assist with Troop Mitre Facebook page management
- Assist with website design and content management
- Assist with our new CMP museum planning and development
- Assist with event planning